Free EPP Self Management Courses in 2015
Self management courses for people with physical and/or mental health problems or disabilities and people living with pain.
The courses are free. Refreshments are provided.
The courses consist of one 2 ½ hour session each week and last for 6 – 8 weeks.
The courses teach people living with long term health problems how to look after themselves and become active self managers of their health conditions.
It teaches people practical coping skills and techniques and helps them come to terms with and make the most of life with a long term health condition.
The courses cover things like:
- Managing our symptoms and improving how we feel
- Breathing easier
- Healthy eating and nutrition
- How to improve fitness, flexibility and strength through exercise
- Communicating effectively
- Dealing with anger, fear, frustration, isolation
- Coping with fatigue, depression and pain
- Using problem solving skills in our daily lives
- Pacing ourselves
- Making informed choices
- Making plans which work for us
- Working with health care professionals
We run 25 – 30 courses per year including courses for people living with:
- Long term health problems
- Pain management
- Mental health problems
- Stroke or brain injury
People from the BME community - in community languages
Complete a registration form and send it in Freepost or you can register over the phone. Click here for dates
To register or for more information please
Phone: 0113 843 4548 or 07944 299403 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONE YOU LEEDS - Supporting residents to change their behaviour and lifestyles to improve their health. (This replaces some of the existing provision in the city)
One You Leeds
PAIN - How to manage chronic pain